Do you want to take better care of your oral hygiene when you’re at home? Wouldn’t you like to care for your own teeth throughout the whole year? Continue reading to learn the top tips about dental care.
- Medication is often a culprit of dry mouth and halitosis. If you do not produce enough saliva, it is more likely that cavities will develop and you will experience discomfort. Ask your doctor if the medication he or she has prescribed you affects your saliva production. If that is the case, you might be able to try a different medication. If you can’t, a dental hygienist can help you with dry mouth.
- Brushing is not enough if you want healthier teeth. You must also floss and use an effective mouthwash. Flossing removes debris that your toothbrush cannot reach and a good mouthwash will kill almost every germ present in your mouth at the time.
- You need to brush your tongue as well. Leaving food particles to collect on your tongue allows germs and bacteria to breed there. This is unhealthy and may cause bad breath too.
- For a healthy mouth, brush twice each day instead of one time. A morning brush routine removes bacteria from the night. An evening brush routine will clean your teeth and get rid of any food that is stuck.
- Always use a soft-bristled toothbrush of the right size for your mouth for best results when brushing your teeth. Let your brush dry in the air to avoid bacteria growth. Keep it upright, and let it have space to air out.
If you are serious about proper oral hygiene, you have a wide variety of options to help you achieve your goal. Your dental hygienist will like it if you use these tips above to help you take better care of your oral hygiene. There’s nothing like a gorgeous smile, especially one with healthy gums and teeth. If you want to hang onto your teeth God gave you, you should visit your dental hygienist at least twice a year to maintain healthy oral health.
If you are looking for an experienced dental hygienist in Vaughan, call Maple Dental Hygiene Care today and book your appointment: 905-597-6342.